More possibility, more flexibility.
Screen printed wine bottles (known as ACL – applied color labeling) is a process by which ceramic paint is applied directly to the surface of a bottle and fired through a Lehr furnace. After firing at temperatures of up to 1180° F the label design is permanently fused to the glass. Paperless wine labels are favored by clients and designers who want flexibility and creativity far beyond what paper or pressure sensitive labels can offer.
- Permanent adhesion
- No bubbling, wrinkling or torn label corners
- Scuff proof/Waterproof/Cellar proof
- No application issues at bottling
- No expensive change parts for uniquely shaped labels, or “two part label” applications
- 360˚ design surface
- Vertical height surface 1/2” inch from base of bottle to shoulder
Our Italian machines can print up to six colors, including precious metals such as 22 karat gold and precious platinum. On print runs from 100 cases to 25,000 cases, direct screen-printing is cost competitive with all other labeling applications.